Proxim’s ORiNOCO Wireless Wi-Fi AP-700 Access Point delivers 802.11b/g or 802.11a operation at a moderate price point. +20 dBm output power. +20 dBm for 802.11b and +18 dBm for 802.11g. Embedded diversity antennas featuring horizontal and vertical polarization for superior coverage. External antenna connectors. IEEE 802.11i compliant with AES encryption and 802.1x authentication using dynamic, rotating encryption keys. Rogue AP detection in both the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands proactively protects your network Quality of Service for latency sensitive voice and video applications using IEEE 802.11e.
Next-Generation Proxim Wireless Access Point Brings QoS and Performance to Mid-Size Enterprises
Proxim ORiNOCO Wireless Wi-Fi Access Point AP-700 balances enterprise-scale security, management and Quality of Service features with a moderate price point – and either 802.11a or 802.11b/g mode operation. The new, highperformance Proxim Orinoco Wireless Wi-Fi Access Point AP-700 is the entry-level solution in Proxim’s next-generation line of access points supporting enterprise voice and video applications. Proxim Orinoco Wireless Wi-Fi Access Point AP-700 is perfect for mid-size production Wi-Fi broadband networks.
- Industry-leading performance with new Super Mode
- New level of intelligent rogue access point and client detection
- Sophisticated hotspot interfaces with Radius integration
- Pre-standard IEEE 802.11e quality of service support for latency-sensitive applications
- Plenum rating and other important safety features
Proactive Security Measures to
Protect Your Network
Proxim ORiNOCO wireless wi-fi access points support the latest security standards, including IEEE 802.11i and AES encryption, and add proactive security measures.
- IEEE 802.1X mutual authentication
- Dynamic per-user, per-session rotating keys
- Rogue access point detection, notification
- Secure management interfaces: SNMPv3, SSL and SSH
- Intra-cell blocking to prevent client-to-client snooping
Ease of deployment and integration with the wired network are critical factors in a successful, profitable wireless LAN rollout. Proxim ORiNOCO wireless wi-fi access points excel with key capabilities that simplify broadband WLAN deployment.
- Tools to speed installation and optimization: automatic channel selection, adjustable transmit power, external antenna connectors
- Wireless repeating functionality in areas without Ethernet wiring
- Remote management via SNMP, HTTP and Telnet
- Extensive RADIUS accounting support
- Powerful group configuration, software updates and automatic alerts via Proxim Wavelink Mobile Manager
Reliable by Design
With over 10 years of experience in the design and manufacture of wireless LANs, Proxim understands that service providers and enterprises require the same uptime and reliability in a wireless network as in a wired network. Proxim ORiNOCO wireless wi-fi broadband access points offer:
- Robust features for enterprise, public access – compared to consumer grade APs
- Automatic reconfiguration of security policy in the event of power loss
- Dual firmware image support – for rollback in the event of software or config change problems
- IEEE 802.3af Power-over-Ethernet, plenum rating, built-in Kensington lock and external antenna connectors.
- Small and medium corporations Mobile access to improve employee, contractor and customer efficiency
- Universities Flexible, immediate, mobile faculty and student connectivity in dorms, classrooms, libraries and campus quads
- Hospitals and medical clinics Real time information system wide for better patient care and reduced errors
- Local, state and federal agencies Fast access to information to serve constituencies better
- Public hotspots Robust, secure, Wi-Fi connectivity for airports, convention centers, hotels